Truth and Responsibility is the theme for the 2020 AAA Annual Meeting, which will be held November 18 – November 22 in St. Louis, Missouri.
Abstracts for the AAA Annual Meeting must be started by Friday, May 15 at 3 p.m. Eastern (notifications sent during the week of July 25) — and via our website and listserv, APLA wants to help members connect with other scholars seeking to develop or complete a panel.
Send your panel abstract to our Communications Liaison and Website Manager, Randi Irwin: email@example.com, your panel and abstract will be posted below and shared on the APLA mailing list.
Check out the regularly updated list of CFP links below in order to connect with colleagues:
- Anthropology as Work: Interacademic Labor Solidarities
- Making Historical Truth: Material Engagements with the Past and the Politics of Responsibility after Mass Violence
- Multimodal Ethnography as Method for Staying True to Political Engagements and Critical Epistemologies
- Partnership in and for development. Change, Contestation and Continuity
- Global Approaches to Migration and Latinx Communities
- Personal and collective stakes: delegating responsibility and navigating healthcare
- Pathogenic Politics: Life, Death, and Social Responses to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Roundtable: Rethinking Gentrification
- Roundtable: Changing Hiring Practices in Anthropology
- Engaging with the Deep State: The Anthropology of Bureaucratic Power
- Logics, Mechanics, and Effects of Immigrant Policing in the Trump Era: Reflections from Mississippi and Beyond
- The Social Life of Weapons: Exploring the Materiality of Violence
- Conceptualizing ‘doing’ authority: aesthetics, affects, and ethics
- Ungluing Globalization: NGOs in an Era of Nationalist, Populist Dissolution
- (Re)animated Vitalities : Contestation and Controversy in the Machine and Garden